In this video, I explain some changes and discuss how YouTube is not TOP priority in my life because I have other obligations and expectations that I want to fulfill in my life at the moment that are more important. I created this video in hopes it would explain what to expect from me and how I plan on going about things from this day forward so no one feels abandoned.
I have finally came up with a schedule for both my podcast and fitness/health blog. I appreciate all of you being patient with me while I worked on this plan – this plan is going to unravel starting Monday but this is what to expect:
Podcast (Soundcloud) Schedule:
- Fitness Podcast Series (advice/Tips)
- Gay community podcast series
- Recipes/meal planning tips
- No podcast
- Life, relationships, current events, Q & A, interviews, etc
- No podcast
Now keep in mind, if I become busy during some of these days of the week, then it could shift to make up for the day I missed (i.e if I miss Monday, I could do it on Friday or Sunday instead). The podcast I will be sharing on this blog is the fitness/health podcast, recipe podcast and the motivation/inspiration podcast. I will post them on corresponding days of the week. FYI, on Sundays I will roll out on my blog all the podcast series into ONE post so that if anyone is missed a day, or is interested in my other podcast topics, they can then choose to listen to those.
- Motivation/Inspiration (quotes/speeches)
- my workout
- Exercise (How to’s)
- my workout
- My YouTube exercise videos
- Injury/prevention post (includes any health conditions)
- my workout
- Mental health
- my workout
- No blog post
- my workout
- Misc Topics
- No blog post
Same rules apply to the blog, if I am unable to post during a certain day of the week, I will add it on another day of the week. The “misc” post will be post that don’t fit into any of the above categories or sometimes will include awards, tags, collaborations and challenges (although I will do awards/tags/challenges any day of the week depending on my schedule). If I should decide to add more topics then I will let everyone know and what day. If any of you have a topic you want me to add to the blog, let me know or if you have anything you want me to discuss on one of these days let me know.
Hopefully all of you will be patient with me as these changes happen – if anything should change, I will keep everyone updated. I will be in the works of creating a new blog (not fitness & health related) soon so when that comes unraveled, I will be sure to share it with all of you (it will NOT take the place of this blog – I will be maintaining two blogs). Thanks for your continued support!
Be Excited, fitfam, fitness enthusiast and cooks!
Meal planning is the topic & a fun topic at that.. you will soon see.
I have had people ask me rather lately how to go about meal planning and why they should consider it, considering so many people do this nowadays and I am not sure if it is a “fad” or just a way of life, but for me, it is a lifestyle choice that I made about 6 months ago or so.. and it has turned out to be amazing for me. Now I know some people have done this and it didn’t work out, and that is okay- everybody has their own thing that works for them and their family. I know people who don’t like the fact how time consuming it is, think it is tedious, and very stressful at times, and some find it be repetitive and don’t see the cost effectiveness of it. I am sure all of you have your reasons as to why you like it or don’t like it, and no worries, I look forward to having you share that with me in the comment section — so feel free to do so.
I could write a REALLY long “how to” about meal planning and make you read through everything and fall asleep half way, or I could do one better and tell you how I meal plan for myself – this way it is real life & still gets to the point without all the extra. Now for starters, meal planning can be done in so many different ways with a variety of foods; people can make it extensive and lengthy or short and sweet and people can make it more expensive or budget friendly. I have seen videos where people meal plan with the help of their spouse, boyfriend/girlfriend and kids — so if you don’t want to do it alone, this is where family comes in. Now meal planning goes this way, if you like to cook and have fun in the kitchen; this is something that won’t be dreadful, but if don’t like cooking and don’t know how, it might start off frustrating but it doesn’t have to be ( I will help give you some ideas for that). As I go along explaining things, I may hit or miss some topics, so please if something isn’t mentioned and you want me to hit on it, please leave it the comments and I will; and if you are someone who wants to share your own tips/advice, feel free in my comment section as well. Time to get started.
- Why am I meal planning?
- To cook more often
- To spend less money at the grocery store
- because of my schedule
- to give me a reason to start eating healthier
- to bring the family together
- because you enjoy organization
- to have you pack for lunch instead of eating out
- to motivate you to lose weight
- to help get you prepped for your next competition
- You are an athlete
- You want to learn how to cook
- you like to experiment in the kitchen
- work only meals
- pre and post gym meals
- breakfast/lunch and dinner
- A week long meal plan
- month long meal plan
- 2-3 days worth of meal plans
- a couple of weeks
- how many you need to invest in
- quality of the containers – how durable they are
- are they microwavable, freezable
- can they be thrown in the dishwasher or have be thrown away after use
- are they portable enough where they can fit your everyday bag or backpack, etc
- Family members (kids, spouse, family dog)
- your coworkers
- I use pinterest when my brain fails to come up with recipes (this helps people who don’t know how to cook, people you like adventure, people who like experimenting and those that need new ideas in the kitchen) not to mention, if you are a cook, then you can post your recipes on the site and share it among others
- After deciding what I am going to cook, I decide what day of the week I want to start the meal plan and how long I want it to last. I am kind of weird, I prefer to start on Sunday or Monday and make it last for 2-3 days, sometimes a week and then start the cycle all over again
- After cooking the meal, I transfer it to a container and leave 1-2 containers in the fridge and the rest in the freezer to keep it from going bad – also because you never know if I decide to not eat one day or go out with friends instead, that way I am not wasting food I cooked
- I meal plan for dinner ( I don’t do it for any other meals of the day)
- I choose meals that are protein based and add my veggies to it and my own carbs. (ex. I make my meals around the main dish, if I make baked chicken, then I choose the veggie and carb for the meal) it is easier that way.. instead of finding a recipe for each food group. Although I have found veggie based recipes and used them when I don’t want to take the easy way out or if I want something new.
- If the meal I meal plan isn’t filling, then I either find a reasonable snack (although I don’t keep snacks at my house, when I want them, I shop for it at that time) or I don’t get any! lol. or I reevaluate the size of container I used and determine if I need to use a bigger one for next time or a smaller one if I didn’t finish the meal; that way I don’t go to bed hungry or waste it, I know people sometimes say just drink more water, but sometimes we don’t want to and if you skipped a meal from earlier, it just means you need another serving or a snack- that is okay. Don’t be afraid to eat.
- I meal plan according to my goals (weight loss, bulking, maintenance, competition prep, etc) this I find very helpful.