I realize this is the vegetable that normally you like or you hate, no middle ground with but like many other things, you may find how you cook something changes the flavor, the texture and possibly your liking for it. If you have shunned off asparagus due to not liking the taste, I ask that you give it another try with this recipe. For those of you who are lactose and don’t eat cheese or have allergic reactions to cheese, this particular recipe can either be altered to your liking or if you are like me (who is lactose intolerant) and still takes the risk of eating dairy then this might be up your alley. I figured those of you who are vegan and vegetarian may enjoy this recipe most.
Of course a great recipe side or can be eaten on its own for a meal.
- 1 lb of asparagus spears — the woody part removed
- 3 Tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of minced garlic (or 4 cloves of garlic minced)
- 3/4 teaspoon of kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of fresh cracked black pepper
- 1 1/4 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat over to 425 F, lightly grease non stick baking sheet with cooking oil spray
- Arrange asparagus on baking sheet; set aside
- In a small bowl, mix together olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper. Drizzle the oil mixture over the asparagus and toss to evenly coat
- Bake for 15 minutes, until vibrant and just beginning to tender
- Remove from oven, top with mozzarella cheese, return to oven & broil or grill until until the cheese melts and becomes golden (4-5 minutes)
- Serve immediately
For more recipe, make sure to follow Cafedelites
What is your favorite healthy food? leave comments!
Name Your Taco!
I want to know:
What do you like on your tacos?
Hard shell, soft shell, no shell?
Leave your answers in the comment section!
I picked up a few shifts at work this evening, so I will not have time to do my everyday fitness and health post, but instead decided to talk about PIZZA! PIZZA! PIZZA! I know many of you, including myself love pizza nights and have our own favorite toppings we just can’t get enough of. I am hoping this sparks some fun commentary and use this as another way to get to know my audience. I hope all of you have fun with this and I cannot wait to see what some of you shared!
I love Margherita Pizza (it can be made in various ways) but the common toppings are: Tomato sauce, mozzarella cheese, Tomatoes, basil, and added garlic. Sadly nowhere I reside makes it. So whenever I go to bigger city’s and I dine out for pizza, I order it.
Funny story, as a kid, I used to only like cheese pizza, but whenever my family would order pizza with other toppings on it, I would take all the toppings off the pizza and eat it, then I would eat the toppings separately. Sometimes I wouldn’t eat the toppings at all and sometimes I would even take the cheese off and eat it separately. Talk about weird.
Typically I enjoy a thicker crust for my pizza, just the fluff and stuff 🙂
I don’t like pineapples on pizza, sardines, onions, green peppers, chicken, ham, mushrooms, jalapenos (all of these I do not enjoy on my pizza).
If I am ordering from a place that does not have my Margherita pizza available then I either order just cheese, or pep, or add black olives and if I am in the mood banana peppers.
Can’t wait to hear all of your pizza likes and dislikes! Also, if you make your own pizza, let me know!!! would love to hear!
Shay-lon is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com