Quads, Triceps, Biceps, Abs and Calves
- Barbell back squat: 3 x 8, 135 lb
- DB lunge: 3 x 8, 40 lb
- Barbell curl: 3 x 8, 50 lb
- Lying triceps extension: 3 x 8, 30 lb
- Standing calf raise: 3 x 8, 115 lb
- Barbell romanian deadlift: 3 x 8, 185 lb
- Hanging leg raises: 3 x 20
- bodyweight squats: 20 seconds
- kettlebell swings: 20 seconds, 10 kg
- bodyweight squat: 30 seconds
- kettlebell swings: 30 seconds, 10 kg
- bodyweight squat: 45 seconds
- kettlebell swings: 45 seconds, 10 kg
- bodyweight squat: 1 minute
- kettlebell swings: 1 minute, 10 kg
Today’s toughest part of the workout was the added cardio (not part of the program), I was fatigued after that, thankfully those BCAAs really did help quite a bit, but still, it was hard! give it a go!
So today starts a new program I will be giving a go for 8 weeks, I found it on Muscle & Strength website. Now typically I don’t use these programs because for one, they aren’t 100 percent and secondly I like creating my own workouts. However, when I do choose to do one, I like it because it allows me to stay in maintenance with my physique usually, it might add some workouts, or variations that are new to me, it allows me to focus on other aspects of my life so I am not stressing out over having to create my workouts, & they come handy for when I want to prep for something but need time to make plans and come up with goals, etc. This particular program is seemingly basic for intermediate athletes/lifters to build some muscle. After this program is finished, I will then go back to creating my own workouts for another month or so, then I have plans in hopefully training in a strict powerlifting style so I can do a competition in the late spring or summer – so I will continue to share the workouts with all of you throughout this program and will share the link to the program I am doing as well, so if anyone else becomes interested, then you can do your own research.
- Incline barbell bench press: 3 x 8, 70 lb ( I did a warm up of 2 sets of 12 reps)
- DB bench press: 3 x 8, 60 lb and 70 lb
- Wide grip pull ups: 3 x failure ( I did a warm up of 1 set of 12 reps)
- Bentover barbell row: 3 x 8, 70 lb
- Seated DB press: 3 x 8, 50 lb (I did a warm up of 1 set of 12 reps)
- DB side lateral raise: 3 x 8, 40 lb
HIIT: (5 rounds) This was NOT part of the program
- High knees: 20 seconds
- Jumping jacks: 20 seconds
“What Helps You The Most about the YouTube Community”?
Warm up: 2-3 minute of jump rope
- Incline DB flyes: 3 x 21-30. 20 lb. (1 minute jump rope)
- DB flyes: 3 x 21-30. 20 lb. (1 minute bench step up)
- Cable crossover: 3 x 21-30, 40 lb. (1 minute squat jumps)
- Triceps Pushdown: 3 x 21-30, 70 lb. (1 minute side to side shuffle)
- Standing DB triceps extension: 3 x 21-30, 20 lb. (1 minute kettlebell swings – 8kg)
- Cable lying triceps extension: 3 x 21-30, 30 lb. (1 minute goblet squats – 30 lb)
- Crunches: 3 x 21-30. (1 minute running in place)
- Standing oblique cable crunch: 3 x 21-30, 20 lb. (1 minute jump lunges)
Okay so today was different, as you can tell, I went up in reps during this workout plan and this meant I used lighter weights (not by too much) but enough where I could lift for that many reps comfortably. Also, I did NOT do the squat jumps or jump lunges because my left knee was in a lot of pain and I didn’t want to put too much pressure on it during the workouts if I didn’t have to. Hopefully it will get better within the next couple of days.
Secondly, I plan on having a video up soon on YouTube either tonight or tomorrow at some point to update all of you on what has been going on nutritional wise and exercise wise .. along with the person I am collabing with – her own updates will be in the video as well. Below will be the links to my social media, feel free to follow each of them 😀
Thanks for reading, remember to follow, like, comment and share my blog post!